ST. MARY’S CEMETERY
Located in the heart of south Minneapolis, St. Mary’s Cemetery is a historic cemetery characterized by gentle hills, towering trees and majestic monuments and family mausoleums.
The 65-acre property was originally opened as a parish cemetery in 1873 by the Church of the Immaculate Conception, now the Basilica of St. Mary. Since that time, St. Mary’s has had more than 65,000 interments. Besides the cemetery’s traditional burial plots, St. Mary’s Garden Mausoleum, which opened in 1994, offers 600 crypts and 200 cremation niches.
A focal point of the cemetery is the memorial to the firefighters of the City of Minneapolis, symbolizing the sense of reverence and honor that permeates St. Mary’s.
Each year, St. Mary’s hosts Memorial Day festivities, which include a parade, recognition of veterans of past wars, Mass and refreshments. This special observance is part of a long partnership between the Hennepin-Minneapolis Council No. 435 of the Knights of Columbus and the cemetery.
St. Mary’s is managed and maintained by Calvary Cemetery. To learn more about St. Mary’s, please call the office at Calvary at 651-822-0907.